COVID-19 Policy/Procedures Update
Hunter Family Vision considers the health, safety, and well-being of our patients, team members, and communities to be our top priority.
We understand the concern and uncertainty that our patients may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are committed to being responsive to the needs of our patients and employees as the situation evolves.
Based on current guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, Kansas Optometric Association and American Optometric Association, we remain open and ready to provide exceptional patient care experiences.
Patients With Upcoming Appointments
If you or any members of your household have any symptoms of illness listed below, or have been exposed to illness, in the past 2 weeks we MUST reschedule your appointment for a future date.
● Sore throat
● Runny nose
We ask that you reschedule your appointment by calling or messaging. We will be screening every patient at check in to identify and limit potential exposure to COVID-19 in our offices.
How Is Hunter Family Vision preparing for your visit?
We want to make you aware of the safety measures we are taking to prevent the spread of infectious diseases in our offices. The safety and well being of our patients’ overall health as well as their eye health is our number one priority. Accordingly, we have expanded our already stringent disinfecting protocols and our staff has undergone additional training in disinfecting procedures.
Below are just a few added precautions we are taking in the coming weeks:
● All forms and insurance cards must be submitted via email or text prior to your appointment.
● Please call or text upon arrival for your appointment. You will be escorted immediately to the clinic.
● We ask you to limit the number of guests to only those necessary.
● Your temperature will be taken and you will be asked to sanitize your hands.
● A mask or face covering will be required. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you while supplies last.
● Contact lens patients will receive a sterile, unopened bottle of solution and a case for their personal use in the office. They may take this bottle and case home.
● Please maintain social distances of 6 feet from others while in the office.
● Our optical is open! An optician will assist with frame selection, as all frames in our optical are
disinfected after being touched.
● We offer curbside delivery of eyewear, contact lenses, vitamins, and drops. Just call or text when you
In addition, please know that every exam room, testing room, and surface you encounter in our office is being meticulously disinfected between every patient, per our rigorous office standards. As always, we are offering hand sanitizer and multiple hand-washing stations to our patients throughout our office.
We will be updating our patients as new details become available. If you have questions or concerns about this information, please reach out to us.
We hope to continue to deliver both routine and emergency eye services to our patients in the safest way possible in the coming days and weeks and will continue to monitor this ever-evolving situation. Thank you for your understanding, help, and cooperation! Stay well and see clearly!